Charity Shop Volunteer
SCAR Animal Charity
- Environment/Animal welfare
Comlámh's mission is to foster good practice and critical engagement in international volunteering and action for development. The ‘Comhlámh Code of Good Practice’ is a quality standard that promotes excellence in international volunteering.
Comhlámh Code of Good Practice Signatory
Signatory Category is for volunteer sending agencies who choose to become signatories to the Comhlámh Code of Good Practice to demonstrate to volunteers, overseas partners, funders and members of the public that they are seriously committed to implementing good practice in international volunteering. As a signatory to the Comhlámh Code of Good Practice (CoGP) volunteer sending agencies have certain responsibilities inline with the 11 Principles. Some on campus organisations and socieities send volunteers overseas and have achieved Signatory status.
Comhlámh Code of Good Practice Supporter
Signatory Category is for organisations that may not directly send volunteers overseas but choose to become supporters to the Comhlámh Code of Good Practice to demonstrate to volunteers, overseas partners, funders and members of the public that they are seriously committed to upholding good practice in international volunteering. Studentvolunteer.ie is proud to be a Comhlámh Code of Good Practice Supporter and therefore all the internatioal volunteering opportunites on studentvolunteer.ie are in adherence to the Code and have Signatory status.
Volunteer Ireland is the national volunteer development agency and a support body for all local Volunteer Centres and Volunteering Information Services in Ireland. Their goal is to make sure that everyone who wants to can volunteer. They achieve this through:
- Volunteers and Volunteering - VI promotes and celebrates volunteering in Ireland through campaigns such as National Volunteering Week and the Volunteer Ireland Awards. Along with Volunteer Centres across the country, and manage I-VOL (the national database of Irish volunteering opportunities and listings).
- Charities and Not for Profit Organisations - VI supports national volunteer-involving organisations by offering bespoke training, consultancy and an extensive range of online guides and resources on engaging volunteers.
- Corporate Companies - VI supports companies interested in volunteering, and offers volunteer management services for large-scale events and festivals.
- Volunteer Centres and Volunteering Information Services - There are twenty-one Volunteer Centres and seven Volunteering Information Services across the country who work with Volunteer Ireland. Volunteer Ireland develops and supports best practice in volunteering and Volunteer Centres, including the evaluation of Volunteer Centres according to a quality standard framework.
The Global Citizen Award is a personal development award that enables you to share your overseas volunteering experiences and help raise awareness of global issues in Ireland. The Award is free and open to all returned international volunteers. It offers you an opportunity to take what you have experienced overseas and continue to make a difference to Global Justice issues right here at home.
Currently there are 20 Third level institutions offering the Gaisce programme to their students. These are listed underneath. If your college is not on the list, please get in contact with us as we train PALs on an ongoing basis and organisations join the programme all the time. If you would like to undertake the Gaisce programme, contact Patricia Owens, Development Officer (email@example.com, 01 6171999) who will put you in contact with a PAL in your college.
We have PALS to assist you to undertake your award on these campuses:
Institute of Technology Carlow
Cork Institute of Technology
DIT Aungier Street
DIT Bolton Street
DIT Cathal Brugha Street
Dublin City University
Galway Mayo Institute of Technology
Letterkenny Institute of Technology
Mary immaculate College, Limerick
National College of Art and Design
National College of Ireland
North Connaught College
Racing Academy and Centre of Education, Kildare
Sligo Institute of Technology
St. Angela’s College, Sligo
University College Dublin
Waterford Institute of Technology
StudentVolunteer.ie enables students to have the opportunity to: enrich your personal development and employability skills, have a fun experience, meet new people, and give back to your community. Sign up now.Register Now