HEI Staff FAQ
How it Works?
Studentvolunteer.ie enables the UL community to post student volunteer opportunities (UL staff/departments,students -clubs/societies, student volunteer initiatives).
If you have an idea contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you have an opportunity ready to go, upload here. Students are willing and eager to get involved with their campus community (either through their academic department, support services or their clubs and societies).
Contact: email: email@example.com; Tel: 3739 or 2311
What is the national volunteer database studentvolunteer.ie ?
A unique national HEI student volunteer database and management system. The University of Limerick in collabortion with colleagues in NUIG and DCU and with adminstrative support from CampusEngage.ie established studentvolunteer.ie with a view to harnessing, acknowledging, promoting and supporting student volunteering in Higher Education.
What is the purpose of the national volunteer database studentvolunteer.ie?
This online student volunteer database and management tool is designed to deliver on the following objectives:
- Enable community organisations (internal and external to UL) to advertise their volunteer opportunities to HEI students in UL and right accross the HEI sector.
- Enhance the capacity of community organisations (internal and external to UL) to engage directly with HEI students and canvas them to get involved in their organisations.
- Provide an on-line tool that encourages HEI students to get involved in civic engagement activities in their HEI community (internal/external) including their home communities.
- Cultivate a postive student experience through volunteering (good citzienship, social and personal development, creativity and problem solving,employability skills).
- Capture the diversity of organisations engaging with UL and accross the HEI sector as well as the volunteer activity HEI students are engaged in.
- Encourage research in the field of civic engagement and student volunteering.
- Recognise and award HEI students for their contribution to their communities (internal and external to UL).