UCC Works Skills Centre Ambassadors
UCC Works Award Programme 2017-2018
Requirements:There are no particular educational requirements – we provide training. Volunteers must be over 18.
The Girls Clubs provide young people the space and time to meet with peers and participate in a planned programme of activities. The girls club is a fun, energetic and enjoyable place to be.
Volunteers have common sense and a positive attitude to young people; they are willing to learn the role and to dig in. They like sharing authority and responsibility with young people. There are no particular educational requirements – we provide training.
You will be in a Team of Leaders doing the Following Tasks:
1. Developing good relationships with the members, so as to assist their development
2. Supporting the members to have effective club meetings and a good committee
3. Involving all members actively in managing the affairs of the club
4. Acting as a good example to members by your behaviour and the respect you show them, other adults and property.
5. Agreeing a set of rules with the members covering behaviour in the club
6. Involving members in “learning by doing” through active involvement in club and community activities
7. Contributing to volunteer support in the club including occasional meetings with the other leaders, recruiting new leaders when needed and problem solving together.
8. Getting parental permission and keeping contact with parents as needed
9. Having the club represented at District Council and attending interclub events
10. Following Foróige policies and procedures including for good practice in work with young people and child protection
Benefits for you as a leader
You will get to know young people, other leaders and them you.
You will develop leadership and facilitation skills.
You will know that your participation is making a positive difference for young people.
Is training provided?: Yes
Please note that Garda Vetting is required for this position.
Tasks that the volunteer(s) will be expected to undertake:
Planning time with the team of volunteers
15 hours compulsory free training and additional training provided as needed for the role
Available to start as soon as possible
Skills required for this role:
No particular skills required
Interest in Arts and Crafts, Baking, Health and Wellbeing
Details of time commitment needed for role:
Every Friday 6-7.30 or 8-9.30 (Now - June) Location: Tallaght
Minimum time commitment per week:
2 hour p/week
Additional screening required for this role:
Application, Reference Checks, Garda Vetting, Compulsory Training
If you have any questions about this role please feel free to get in touch:
Name: Noeleen O Brien
Address: Foroige Tallaght, Main Road, Tallaght, Dublin 24
StudentVolunteer.ie enables students to have the opportunity to: enrich your personal development and employability skills, have a fun experience, meet new people, and give back to your community. Sign up now.Register Now