Bag Packing Volunteers needed Dunnes Stores Cornelscourt!
The Oesophageal Cancer Fund
- Health and wellbeing
Requirements:Over the age of 18
ABOUT SOLAS PROJECT
Solas Project’s vision is an Ireland where all children and young people truly know their self-worth and can take full advantage of their potential. We provide a range of innovative interventions that equip and empower young people to reach their full potential, live life to the full and participate fully in society. We place a high value on character, self-worth and motivation. Through programmes of learning, mentoring, personal and social development we support young people to create a brighter future for themselves and their communities. We work to address the imbalances that contribute to certain children and young people in Ireland growing up at a socio-economic and/or educational disadvantage.
ABOUT STEP UP
Step Up is our one-to-one teen mentoring programme. Support begins for young people as they transition from primary to secondary school and we continue to provide that support right up to 6th year.
Is training provided?: Yes
Please note that Garda Vetting is required for this position.
Tasks that the volunteer(s) will be expected to undertake:
- Building a mentoring relationship with one young person.
- Together with the young person creating goals and working towards them together (goals will include academic, personal and/or social skills).
- Being proactive with young person in coming up with strategies to reach their goals.
- Work as part of a team with staff and other mentors in managing challenging behaviour and organising group activities as required.
- Attending quarterly trips with the students.
Skills required for this role:
- Working from a strengths based approach, being flexible and adapting to change.
- Attending team meetings and training opportunities provided.
- Being familiar with and abiding by all Solas Project policies, including the child protection policy of the programme and health and safety guidelines for workers and volunteers.
Details of time commitment needed for role:
1.5 hours once a week. Evenings from 6 to 7:20 Thursday Available
Minimum time commitment per week:
2 hour p/week
Additional screening required for this role:
Screening Includes: - Application Form - Informal Interview - Garda Vetting - References
If you have any questions about this role please feel free to get in touch:
Name: Emily McVicker
Address: Solas Project, 40 Marrowbone Lane, Dublin 8
StudentVolunteer.ie enables students to have the opportunity to: enrich your personal development and employability skills, have a fun experience, meet new people, and give back to your community. Sign up now.Register Now