SUIT UP FOR THE ARTS WITH DUBLIN FRINGE FESTIVAL
Dublin FRINGE Festival
Requirements:Phone package to allow unlimited/low cost calls, good internet connection, 18+, fluent english
ALONE’s Telephone Support provides telephone contact to an older person from a volunteer. It is a free friendly, support and information telephone service and ensures that recipients are safe and well in their home.
Volunteers provide companionship and support such as appointment reminders, medication prompts, and information on local activities and relevant initiatives. All volunteers are trained and receive support from ALONE staff. Where additional needs arise that require a more hands on approach, a request for support can be made to ALONE’s support coordination services.
Is training provided?: Yes
Please note that Garda Vetting is required for this position which will be processed with you after you apply.
Tasks that the volunteer(s) will be expected to undertake:
The Role of the Telephone Support Volunteer:
• To commit to at least one, 2 hour shift per week making calls to older people for the minimum of six months. The shift will be between 9am an4pd m.
• To provide support and information for the older person where necessary
• To attend training and follow the ALONE guidelines throughout your time with ALONE
• To input call information into a computer logging system
• To report to ALONE if there are concerns for the older person’s health, safety or welfare
• To share relevant updates to older people from the ALONE staff
• To be mindful of the general wellbeing of the older people and provide a positive experience during the call
• To participate in check in calls with staff in order to discuss any issues, address challenges with your role
• Work as a member of a team with staff and other volunteers and participate effectively when required
Skills required for this role:
• To have a genuine interest in Older People
• To be respectful and committed to the values and aims of ALONE
• A caring, understanding and friendly attitude
• To be patient, reliable and have good listening and communication skills
• To be non-judgemental and respect the confidentiality of the older person and of all records that you come into contact with
• Be comfortable inputting information onto the ALONE computer database (training will be provided).
Details of time commitment needed for role:
2 hour shift per week during the hours of Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm. The shifts are generally: 9am-11am/11am-1pm and 2pm-4pm.
Minimum time commitment per week:
2 hour p/week
Additional screening required for this role:
Interviews, training, Garda Vetting
If you have any questions about this role please feel free to get in touch:
Name: Catherine Gallagher
Address: ALONE Donegal, 6 Ardaravan Square, Buncrana, Co.Donegal
StudentVolunteer.ie enables students to have the opportunity to: enrich your personal development and employability skills, have a fun experience, meet new people, and give back to your community. Sign up now.Register Now