University College Cork Health Matters
Requirements:Contact Health Matters.
UCC Health Matters aims to promote and protect the health and well-being of all UCC staff and students through policy, practice, education and by creating a healthy university environment. UCC is a recognised Health Promoting University (HSE) since 2015. We work to promote health on campus in areas such as food and nutrition, alcohol and substance abuse, mental health, sexual health, and physical activity.
Objectives of the role
· Gain experience of health promotion theory and practice.
· Learn organisation and management skills.
· Gain experience in research and evaluation.
· Gain an insight into the Health Promoting University initiative
Is training provided?: Yes
Tasks that the volunteer(s) will be expected to undertake:
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Managing social media accounts and posts.
· Writing articles and reports.
· Assisting in organising and running various health promotion events.
· Attending meetings for various health promotion projects on campus.
· Completing a training course in collaboration with USI
Skills required for this role:
Essential Skills Required
Basic IT skills, creative writing skills, organisation skills.
Desirable Skills Required:
Advanced IT skills, Knowledge in the area of health promotion, Research skills.
Details of time commitment needed for role:
Details will be provided by the team.
Minimum time commitment per week:
1 hour p/week
If you have any questions about this role please feel free to get in touch:
Name: Health Promotion Project Worker Team
Address: University College Cork Health Matters, University College Cork
StudentVolunteer.ie enables students to have the opportunity to: enrich your personal development and employability skills, have a fun experience, meet new people, and give back to your community. Sign up now.Register Now