Hospice Sunflower Days On-Street Collector
our lady's hospice and care services harold's cross blackrock wicklow
Caherconlish Caherline Community Council CLG
Requirements:The volunteer must have their own equipment and access to the software to deliver the outcomes.
The Caherconlish Caherline Community Centre Council was set up in 1992 to establish a hub in the village of Caherconlish for a wide range of community services; social, recreation, sport, education, and to provide a meeting and focal point for the whole community. The Millennium Centre was opened in 2000. The volunteer position would suit a student from a marketing or media-related course of study who is looking to gain ‘hands-on’ real life and practical experience in social media and marketing. The person must be able to provide evidence and references (personal or professional) to support their experience.
Is training provided?: Yes
Please note that Garda Vetting is required for this position which will be processed with you after you apply.
Tasks that the volunteer(s) will be expected to undertake:
The aim is to increase awareness of our services to a wider audience and develop the strategy to grow our communication channels and attract new business opportunities by developing Caherconlish Caherline Community Council’s (Millennium Centre) social media presence with a particular focus on:
• keeping our social media platforms updated, ideally at least weekly
• encouraging others to comment on our posts and share them
• creating a hashtag database to support the marketing strategy
• increasing the numbers of people following our posts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
• building the Caherconlish Caherline Community Council’s (Millennium Centre) brand
Furthermore, supporting the design and delivery of social media objectives and targets as well as undertaking the following projects:
Public Relations: contributing to a press release and/or newsletter weekly, with a view to generating media coverage; responding to any resulting media interest and working with the Boards Communications & Marketing lead to obtaining the necessary information, photographs and interviews if required. The Communications and Social Media Volunteer will be expected to partake in brainstorming sessions and marketing meetings with the aim of setting strategies and objectives for social media campaigns.
Skills required for this role:
This role would suit someone who:
• has experience of marketing and social media, either through education, work, volunteering and can be from personal use.
• has experience of using social media platforms and other online tools to generate interest in a business, a project, or a community interest and includes Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or YouTube.
• is an excellent communicator with a broad range of audiences
• is able to write clearly, accurately, and concisely
• can be flexible with their time: we envisage a volunteer will spend a short time each week (although not necessarily every day) supporting the design of a communications strategy for the Board of Caherconlish Caherline Community Council and roll out on social media channels. This can be a hybrid arrangement of face-to-face and remotely.
• is willing to attend occasional events and workshops with a view to reporting on them.
• is creative, connected, and can engage with business and community development.
• has their own equipment and software to deliver the requirements as these are not provided.
• is able to work within the Caherconlish Caherline Community Council’s policies and practices relating to good governance, behaviour and conduct online or in person.
Details of time commitment needed for role:
We would like to recruit a volunteer for 3 hours per week, for a period of six months (initially) with a weekly performance and operational review built into the placement. Can be flexible with their time: we envisage a volunteer will spend a short time each week (although not necessarily every day) supporting the design of a communications strategy for the Board of Caherconlish Caherline Community Council and roll out on social media channels. This can be a hybrid arrangement of face-to-face and remote working.
Minimum time commitment per week:
3 hour p/week
Additional screening required for this role:
If you are interested in this position, please email Caherconlishcaherlinecc@gamil.com for the attention of Mike Walsh with your CV and covering letter, listing your relevant experience in a marketing and social media role, and your previous use of social media platforms. The plan is to screen applications, conduct interviews and carry out vetting prior to any appointment. An induction will be provided that includes an orientation of the business and operations. Any available training that can be sourced and resourced that is relevant to your role will be considered by the board.
If you have any questions about this role please feel free to get in touch:
Name: Mike Walsh
Address: Caherconlish Caherline Community Council CLG, The Millennium Centre, The Square, Caherconlish, Co. Limerick V94 CC60
StudentVolunteer.ie enables students to have the opportunity to: enrich your personal development and employability skills, have a fun experience, meet new people, and give back to your community. Sign up now.Register Now