Tips for Upcoming Exams
With exam season soon approaching it’s easy to get overwhelmed with assignments, reports, and studying. To help relieve some of this stress, we’ve collected some handy tips that might help you prepare for your upcoming exams.
- Get enough sleep – It can’t be stressed enough, getting enough sleep in the days leading up to an exam is crucial.
- Have a proper meal/snack before your exam - Your brain can’t work properly on an empty stomach.
- Make notes – It’s easy to get overwhelmed studying pages and pages on information, so try condensing the information down to key words, dates, names etc. on flashcards so that you don’t have to wade through your textbook every time you study.
- Make a timetable – It doesn’t have to be a work of art, simply write down what days and times your exam are on, and any deadlines for assignments that are due. You can do this on your phone or on a piece of paper, whatever works best for you.
- Remember to breathe – It’s easy to become stressed in the weeks, days and hours leading up to an exam. So, if you find yourself getting overwhelmed, step away for your textbooks and laptop, take a deep breath, and only return to your studying when you feel ready.
All of us here at the PVA office wish UL students the very best of luck for your exams!