AIG FZ Forza Irish Open 2021
- Sports & Recreation
TU Dublin Societies Office
Requirements:TU Dublin Students only. Outgoing Welcoming Students with interest in Grangegorman Student Activities
We are excited to welcome students onto the TU Dublin Grangegorman campus this year.
We are now recruiting up to 5 student volunteers to lead small groups of approx. 10 students from Bolton and Grangegorman Campus around the Student Activities hot spots at Grangegorman.
The tours will take place in the early afternoon from 12 - 2pm and will last approx. 45 mins.
Our volunteer guides will sign up to lead a selection of tours covering time slots over four days during the TU Dublin City Campus Clubs, Societies & Volunteering Festival 27th September - 8th October 2021.
Training will be provided and we will ensure government recommendations and guidelines are adhered to in relation to COVID-19 and Health & Safety Guidelines.
All our guides will get a free Student Volunteering Beanie, tote bag and light rain coat, as well as vouchers or tokens for drinks and refreshments.
Is training provided?: Yes
Tasks that the volunteer(s) will be expected to undertake:
You will be required to:
- Take a register of students joining the tour
- Ensure the safety of the students on the tour in as much as possible
- Take a short online BICS COVID-19 Officer training course
- Attend a practice tour session with Societies & Sports Club staff in advance of the actual tours
- Signpost students to relevant services at TU Dublin Grangegorman where appropriate during the tours.
Skills required for this role:
- Outgoing and enjoy meeting and speaking with new people
- Interest in Grangegorman campus and area
- Passion for either sports, societies or volunteering (or all three!) and an interest helping students get involved in extra-curricular activities
- Able to cover the distance between Bolton St and Grangegorman Campuses while speaking with a group.
If you have any access needs in relation to this volunteering opportunity please email Claire:
Details of time commitment needed for role:
Picking a number of the following slots: Tuesday 28th September - 12 - 2pm / Wednesday 29th September - 12 - 2pm / Wednesday 6th October - 12 - 2pm / Thursday 7th October - 12 - 2pm
Minimum time commitment per week:
2 hour p/week
Additional screening required for this role:
No additional screening
If you have any questions about this role please feel free to get in touch:
Name: Claire Flannery
Address: TU Dublin Societies Office, TU Dublin City Campus, Aungier St, Dublin D02 HW71
StudentVolunteer.ie enables students to have the opportunity to: enrich your personal development and employability skills, have a fun experience, meet new people, and give back to your community. Sign up now.Register Now