Volunteer with Galway Theatre Festival!
Galway Theatre Festival
Health and wellbeing
Meningitis Research Foundation
Design and carry out a personalised promotional plan with my Choose a Challenge Account Manager to ensure that I reach the maximum amount of people possible during my recruitment period, (e.g. attending a Fresher’s Fair).
Is training provided?: Yes
Tasks that the volunteer(s) will be expected to undertake:
Attend the following events hosted by Meningitis Research Foundation or Choose a Challenge:
- Challenge Leader Training (September)
- Challenge Information Meeting (September or October)
- Welcome Meeting/Fundraising Training (October or November)
- Extra meetings/Workshops/1-2-1 Catch-up Calls (monthly)
- Pre-departure Briefing (April-May)
- The Challenge (August-September)
● Register for the challenge in aid of Meningitis Research Foundation no later than 10 days before your information meeting.
● Ensure I’m available for my team, Choose a Challenge and my charity to reach me, providing notice to inform people when I may not be contactable (e.g. exams/holidays).
● Support with the follow-up process (e.g. phone calls, drop in sessions, Facebook messaging) after the Information Meeting to ensure I reach the maximum amount of sign-ups possible.
● Encourage participation in our Choose a Challenge extension trips.
● Act as a spokesperson for my team on the challenge, ensuring they are aware of meeting and
departure times and daily plans by liaising with the Choose a Challenge team.
● Ensure my team have all of their fundraising resources, including fundraising pages, being members of relevant Facebook groups and have their buckets, t-shirts, etc.
● Support my team to help them reach fundraising milestones/deadlines with help from my Meningitis Research Foundation account manager.
● Oversee team Facebook group: posting important updates, boosting team engagement, and sharing relevant posts from the Choose a Challenge Forums and Meningitis Research Foundation Students page on Facebook.
● Hold termly face-to-face meetings with your team.
● Organise regular team socials and/or training walks to help motivate and build relationships in the
team, or appoint a Social Secretary to ensure these take place.
● Each month have an in-depth phone call with your charity representative to speak through each team members’ fundraising progress.
● Coordinate team fundraising activities, including street collections and events (e.g. a pub quiz). 2
● Run termly workshops for your team to help them prepare for the challenge. These will be provided for you and will include both fundraising and challenge information (e.g. a training and kit workshop).
● Reach my agreed individual fundraising target in aid of Meningitis Research Foundation.
● Coordinate the return of fundraising materials to Meningitis Research Foundation after the
challenge including organising a drop-off point on campus.
● Comply with relevant data protection legislation (GDPR) and will not share any personal information, which may include contact details, about members of my team with any third party outside of Meningitis Research Foundation and Choose a Challenge, unless given express permission by the individual concerned.
Minimum time commitment per week:
1 hour p/week
If you have any questions about this role please feel free to get in touch:
Name: Eadaoin O'Raw
Address: Meningitis Research Foundation, Room 715 The Programme Building 7th Floor The Pithay Bristol BS1 2NB, UK
Community and Civic Engagement. Discover Limerick themed St Patrick's Day ParadeCommunity
Aphasia Ireland is a registered charity, formed with aim of creating awarenessCommunity
StudentVolunteer.ie enables students to have the opportunity to: enrich your personal development and employability skills, have a fun experience, meet new people, and give back to your community. Sign up now.Register Now