ATS Student Mentoring
- Health and wellbeing
TU Dublin Societies Office
Requirements: Enthusiasm and an interest in raising awareness for the Irish Cancer Society
Students - get your teams together!!
Relay for Life encourages communities to come together to celebrate the lives of cancer survivors, remember those lost to cancer, and fight back against the disease by raising awareness and funds that support lifesaving research and care for patients.
Owing to restrictions this year Relay for Life will be a virtual event for TU Dublin, running as follows:
- Relay for Life will run throughout the month of March
- TU Dublin Staff and students will register in teams between 10 – 15 members, with the aim of raising as much money through fundraising events either individually or as a team Fundraising ideas will be sent out in a welcome pack once a team has registered.
[Teams from outside of TU Dublin can also register under the TU Dublin Relay for Life Go Fund me Page.]
- TU Dublin Sport will set a challenge of Running/Walking 150 km within the month of March where individuals will raise funds through sponsorship and this will be done through a Go Fund Me Page that Irish Cancer Society sets up
- Candle of Hope Bags will be sold for €5 per candle bag, and these represent those that have passed away or who are fighting cancer
- The Event itself will be at the end of March in Grangegorman.
It will be a live video showcasing all the lit candle bags and Fr Alan Hilliard, TU Dublin Chaplain will say a prayer and a few words accompanied afterwards by a musician or possibly a choir.
Relay For Life is other years is a 24 hour event that happens in communities across Ireland, as well as in over twenty countries across the world.
Is training provided?: No
Minimum time commitment per week:
1 hour p/week
If you have any questions about this role please feel free to get in touch:
Name: Claire Flannery
Address: TU Dublin Societies Office, TU Dublin City Campus, Aungier St, Dublin D02 HW71
StudentVolunteer.ie enables students to have the opportunity to: enrich your personal development and employability skills, have a fun experience, meet new people, and give back to your community. Sign up now.Register Now