ATS Student Mentoring
- Health and wellbeing
Vincent's charity shops - The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul
Requirements:Apply online via www.svp.ie/shopvolunteer
Vincent’s shops offer a friendly welcoming environment, opportunity to join multicultural, cross-generational teams, and various experiences in retail.
While volunteering in our shops you will to get know your local community, gain new skills and competences in merchandising, sorting and pricing, branding, customer service, sales, teamwork, fashion, communication, events management. We want to offer you a great opportunity to meet new people, have fun, and enrich your daily life.
If you have an interest in retail or customer service, want to help your local community, and become a part of the largest charity organisation in Ireland? Then we need you!
If you have a limited time but you are expert in a certain area, we have various roles available in different shops. We hope one of the roles listed below will be of interest to you:
- Window / retail display volunteer
- Events volunteer
- Meet and greet volunteer
- Literature volunteer
- Social media / photography/ filming volunteer
- Online selling volunteer
- Volunteer to repair items
Do you have good people skills?
Retail experience is not essential, training will be provided.
Cash handling experience is desirable but not essential.
As the Society conducts its work through English, a basic level of spoken English is required.
If you have any skills and expert knowledge in photography, film making, retail display, design, events, crafts, fashion knowledge or something else let us know and we will be delighted to find a suitable role for you.
Is training provided?: Yes
Tasks that the volunteer(s) will be expected to undertake:
Main duties are:
• Ensure the store’s housekeeping standards are maintained (keep floor clean & dry, identify and remove tripping hazards, keep the entrance and passageway free from obstruction, etc.)
• Process donations (receive, sort and redistribute)
• Steam clothes, pricing and tagging
• Make every effort to establish the true value of any donated item and ensure that this value is reflected in the pricing and subsequent sale of such items
• Assist with the display of stock and the window display
• Assist or/and initiate the shop events or other additional shop activities
• Ensure all of our customers are valued and respected
Skills required for this role:
We are looking for enthusiastic, energetic people who are willing to give a minimum of a 3 hour commitment per week.
Volunteers must comply with all Health & Safety protocols and requirements to prevent the spread of Covid 19.
basic level of English;
interest and motivation to learn
Any additional skills or interest, like:
Computer/ Web/ Social Media
Event management/ Fundraising
Retail/ Customer Service
Details of time commitment needed for role:
Monday to Saturday
Minimum time commitment per week:
3 hour p/week
Additional screening required for this role:
References informal interview
If you have any questions about this role please feel free to get in touch:
Name: Rasa Visockiene
Address: Vincent's charity shops - The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul, 91/92 Sean MacDermott street, Dublin 1
StudentVolunteer.ie enables students to have the opportunity to: enrich your personal development and employability skills, have a fun experience, meet new people, and give back to your community. Sign up now.Register Now