AIG FZ Forza Irish Open 2021
- Sports & Recreation
Irish Architecture Foundation
This year, like last year, the festival will take on a hybrid model, featuring both in-person and online events. This year there will be boat tours, bus tours and the return of limited building tours. We’re looking for visitor facing roles such as stewards, information hub attendants, and tour guides.Volunteering for OHD is for everyone who loves their city and wants to get involved. This year, getting involved is a great chance to reconnect with the city as it begins to reopen fully and meet new and fellow like minded people.
Thankfully, this year we are in a better position in terms of restrictions. We hope to be able to provide special tour opportunities to our volunteers and, circumstances permitting, throw a party for our volunteers in honour of their contribution.
As well, architects don’t forget, you can claim CPD points when you volunteer with OHD!
To volunteer just press apply here and we’ll be in touch soon! Feel free to let your family and friends know about this opportunity.
Is training provided?: Yes
Tasks that the volunteer(s) will be expected to undertake:
- OHD Volunteer steward
- Responsibilities: this role involves welcoming visitors, managing queues, following tours, assisting the public and being mindful of the health and safety of all visitors during opening hours.
- OHD Volunteer Info Hub attendant
- Responsibilities: OHD Info Hub attendant will help during the week leading to OHD weekend in the preparation and distribution of the event materials at our Bachelor's Walk venue.
- OHD Volunteer Tour Guide (VTG)
- Responsibilities: VTGs work closely with the building managers, the public, and other volunteers. Tour guides are responsible for leading tours at scheduled times, help to protect the health and safety of all visitors, and play a part in safeguarding the property and its assets.
Skills required for this role:
There are no specific skils required of our volunteers, but please let us know if you have any extra skills that might be useful to us in your application form, e.g., foreign language, crowd control, Irish Sign Language, etc.
Details of time commitment needed for role:
OHD Stewards & Tour guides are expected to be free for at least a one morning or afternoon over the weekend, but of course do let us know if you are free more than one day or for a full day. OHD Info Hub Attendants are required to work during the week leading up to the festival (Monday the 12th of October to Friday the 15th of October).
Minimum time commitment per week:
4 hour p/week
If you have any questions about this role please feel free to get in touch:
Name: Lena Latussek
Address: Irish Architecture Foundation, 15 Bachelor's Walk Dublin 1, Ireland D01 EA02
StudentVolunteer.ie enables students to have the opportunity to: enrich your personal development and employability skills, have a fun experience, meet new people, and give back to your community. Sign up now.Register Now