UL AQUATIC CLUB DISABILITY PROGRAM 2019
UL Aquatic Centre
Are you passionate about global justice and human rights? Trócaire is inviting you to join our vibrant team of volunteers.
Trócaire is dedicated to improving the lives of people living in poverty and injustice around the world. Our outreach and awareness-raising in Ireland is a vital part of that work. Volunteers support our work by raising awareness in schools, parishes and communities as well as campaigning on issues that matter.
Volunteering with Trócaire gives people an opportunity to contribute to an organisation that is committed to dignity and justice by bringing your valuable skills, experience and energy to our work in Ireland.
Is training provided?: Yes
Tasks that the volunteer(s) will be expected to undertake:
You can choose to support us with one or all of the following volunteer tasks:
In schools, you will support us in our exciting work in primary and post primary schools, through the delivery of talks, presentations and workshops about Trócaire’s work in global justice and Human Rights. You could also take part in our Game Changers schools cluster events and game competition.
In parishes, you will inspire and enable your local community to take action and contribute to global justice. This can be done by simply displaying materials, keeping the local priest and parish council informed on Trócaire’s work, by raising awareness through the parish newsletter and speaking at mass.
In communities, you will help challenge the root causes of global injustice, and help bring about positive change through your campaigning, by taking part in our major events, by taking part in or organising local events, and by taking action at your local level and online.
Skills required for this role:
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong presentation skills
• IT skills with experience of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
• Understanding of and empathy with ethos of Trócaire
• Energy and drive to work with people and inspire and motivate their engagement in global justice issues
• Flexibility and commitment
• Over 18 years of age
• Fluent spoken and written English
• Experience of working in formal or informal education/youth sectors would be welcome
• Availability to complete outreach during school opening hours (for our schools outreach work)
• Full driving license and access to a vehicle (if tasks were located iwhere public transport isn't available)
Details of time commitment needed for role:
Time commitment will depend on the volunteer's availability. It will be very flexible and may include weekends and evenings.
Minimum time commitment per week:
1 hour p/week
Additional screening required for this role:
• Application Form to be filled and emailed back • Informal Interviews • 2 References • Safeguarding forms to be read, signed and returned before undertaking any tasks • Attendance at induction
If you have any questions about this role please feel free to get in touch:
Name: Marie-Anne Michel
Address: Trócaire, SCCUL Enterprise Centre, Castlepark Rd, Ballybane, Co. Galway
StudentVolunteer.ie enables students to have the opportunity to: enrich your personal development and employability skills, have a fun experience, meet new people, and give back to your community. Sign up now.Register Now