Childline Digital Support Volunteer
ISPCC - Irish Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children
- Health and wellbeing
STAND | Suas Educational Development
About STAND News Contributors:
Stand News contributors research, write and edit features and articles for use on our News website. Contributors are able to explore topics of their own interest as well as supporting the development of priority articles identified by the STAND News Editors. All work published with STAND News is expected to align with our core values and place emphasis on connections and crossover between local and global issues.
Contributors will work with the STAND News Editor and various Section Editors. They also have access to regular trainings by industry professionals and experts to support their continued growth as writers and activists.
This is a voluntary position.
About STAND News:
The aim of STAND News is to provide a dynamic space for students in Ireland to learn more about global issues while focusing on stories of justice, equality and international development. Our team consists of voluntary students and recent graduates who come from a range of backgrounds but all have one thing in common: a keen interest in global issues and creating positive change.
Our articles and content are focused on sharing what we learn about the connections between local and global issues. We remain committed to the spirit of student activism that drives us to hold this space for young voices and the dialogues we hope to nurture. We hope to foster compassionate perspectives and action in solidarity with our community of writers, readers, and beyond.
Is training provided?: Yes
Tasks that the volunteer(s) will be expected to undertake:
- Generating ideas for stories and features that might interest our readers;
- Liaising with editors to meet agreed article and content deadlines;
- Researching and verifying information to be included in the content of your articles;
- Interviewing sources for features or reporting on relevant events, fairs and conferences (not required but encouraged);
- Writing article text and editing changes as suggested by editors and STAND staff;
- Staying up-to-date with our consent and ethical guideline recommendations.
Skills required for this role:
- Currently enrolled or graduated in the last 2 years from a 3rd level institution (undergraduate, or postgraduate);
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn;
- An appreciation for STAND’s mission and values;
- A keen interest in learning about and making connections between local and global issues;
- Good written communication skills;
- Good organisational skills with the ability to work to deadlines.
Details of time commitment needed for role:
One article a month.
Minimum time commitment per week:
1 hour p/week
Additional screening required for this role:
After applying, the STAND News Editor will contact you for a short online video call. By filling in this form, you are consenting to being contacted by STAND News. Suas respects the privacy of your personal information. All personal data obtained and held by Suas is processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). For Suas' full privacy notice, visit www.suas.ie/privacy. To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please contact Suas Operations Manager at email@example.com
If you have any questions about this role please feel free to get in touch:
Name: Amanda Marques
Address: STAND | Suas Educational Development, 25 Upper Mount Street
StudentVolunteer.ie enables students to have the opportunity to: enrich your personal development and employability skills, have a fun experience, meet new people, and give back to your community. Sign up now.Register Now