Bag Pack Coordinator
Irish Heart Foundation
UCD in the Community
Requirements:At least 2 hour time commitment for at least 1 week.
Healthy Habits is a project aimed at educating transition year students about the impact of social media on their body image. It is a workshop-oriented project where volunteers go to schools and conduct a workshop to empower those transition year students.
The project is going to start at the end of January and we would need our volunteers to join then.
Student volunteers are needed to to conduct activities like acknowledgement exercises, self portrait drawing and self love exercises with the transition year students.
The workshops would occur in focus groups and 5 students per focus group would be allocated to each volunteer.
Training would be provided.
Is training provided?: Yes
Please note that Garda Vetting is required for this position.
Tasks that the volunteer(s) will be expected to undertake:
1. Conduct activities in focus groups
2. Talk to transition year students.
3. Be helpful in arranging activities and presentations
4. If you are creative, you could help make supplement material for the workshops
5. Liaise and keep in touch with your focus group of 5 students from every school and track their progress
Skills required for this role:
1. Friendly and approachable attitude
2. Ability to use own initiative to be present for the workshops
Details of time commitment needed for role:
Day is to be decided according to the schedule of the majority volunteers and schools.
Minimum time commitment per week:
2 hour p/week
If you have any questions about this role please feel free to get in touch:
Name: Holly Dignam
Address: UCD in the Community , Belfild, Dublin 4
StudentVolunteer.ie enables students to have the opportunity to: enrich your personal development and employability skills, have a fun experience, meet new people, and give back to your community. Sign up now.Register Now