Bag Packing Volunteers needed Dunnes Stores Cornelscourt!
The Oesophageal Cancer Fund
- Health and wellbeing
Voluntary Service International
Requirements:Aged 18-30. Interest in working in an international organisation, in human rights, interculturalism, volunteerism and social inclusion.
Are you looking to volunteer long-term abroad, but not sure your budget can handle it? EVS may be what you are looking for!
The European Voluntary Service (EVS) is an EU-funded programme that gives young people (aged 18 to 30) the opportunity to volunteer in an organisation abroad. During their projects, EVS volunteers are provided with insurance, accommodation, food, a small personal allowance, language training and local transport. Travel expenses to and from the hosting country will be reimbursed to the volunteers upon their arrival in the country. There are no application or placement fees, nor 3rd parties fees. The participation in this project is free of charge for the volunteers. For more information on EVS, please see: https://www.vsi.ie/evs-vacancies/
PVN is an Albanian non-profit organisation that promotes peace through voluntary work and exchanges volunteers all over the world. They are looking for an Irish volunteer starting in January 2019 for a period of 8 or 12 months.
About the organisation
Projekte Vullnetare Nderkombetare (International Voluntary Projects, PVN) is a non-profit organisation sharing the aims and values of Service Civil International (SCI), a network of branches and partners all over the world.
PVN promotes social development and peace through voluntary work and international youth exchanges. Besides cooperating with SCI, PVN organises their own social, ecological and cultural activities. The organisation aims towards a healthy society in collaboration with different partners to encourage public awareness and its involvement in voluntary activities. The main target groups of PVN are people in need, such as orphans, disabled people, Roma, and young people.
This project focuses on human rights education with young people, most of whom are internal migrants. The volunteer will work on raising their awareness on human rights and interculturalism, using non-formal education methods. The volunteer will also promote a cultural centre to the young people. The majority of the project activities will take place in disadvantaged areas in the Vaqarri and Ndroqi municipalities of Tirana.
Is training provided?: Yes
Tasks that the volunteer(s) will be expected to undertake:
The main duties of the volunteer may include:
- supporting PVN’s coordinators and volunteers on the schools’ projects in Vaqarri and Ndroqi, delivering non-formal education sessions on the topics of discrimination and human rights issues.
- promoting and supporting the Cultural Centre in Tirana which young people visit to practice artistic and cultural skills. The volunteer will help in informing them about the Centre services and how to use them. The EVS volunteers will help with intercultural and social activities such as intercultural events, movies, shows, etc.
- promoting EVS, volunteering values and PVN volunteer opportunities; visiting universities regularly to carry out presentations/open discussions and delivering materials on voluntary opportunities in Albania and abroad, especially Erasmus+.
- helping to prepare promotional materials e.g. posters, leaflets, flyers, press releases etc.
Skills required for this role:
No specific skills or experience are required for this role but the volunteer should be interested in working in an international organisation, in human rights, ‘interculturalism’, volunteerism and in social inclusion.
Details of time commitment needed for role:
- The volunteer/s will work up to a 35 hour week, generally during weekdays but work in the evenings and at weekends is sometimes required. Time in lieu is given when a volunteer works extra hours. - The volunteer/s will be allocated 2 days annual leave per month of her/his placement and will receive all national holidays in addition to her/his annual leave.
Minimum time commitment per week:
10+ hour p/week
Additional screening required for this role:
If you are interested in this project, please send your CV and motivation letter highlighting your motivation to take part in this project. Please indicate the name of the project you are applying for on the subject of the e-mail and send it to email@example.com.
If you have any questions about this role please feel free to get in touch:
Name: Mateja Jakšić
Address: Voluntary Service International, 30 Mountjoy Square East, Dublin 1
StudentVolunteer.ie enables students to have the opportunity to: enrich your personal development and employability skills, have a fun experience, meet new people, and give back to your community. Sign up now.Register Now