Comhlamh Action Team
The Student Surveys Unit is seeking a creative, resourceful, and tech-savvy student to serve as a social media associate. The associate will work directly with the surveys project manager and the larger UCC communications group (consisting of key stakeholders from across campus) to strategize, craft and execute surveys content for all platforms.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Leading out on the creation, posting and scheduling of social media content;
· Editing, captioning and preparing project content for social media platforms;
· Editing and generating imagery for social media platforms;
· Employ innovative tactics to grow the audiences of each of the main @UCCStudentSurveys accounts.
· Engage with our audience
Essential Skills Required
· Strong understanding of primary social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, best practices and digital trends.
· A demonstrated writing ability
· Strong communication skills
Ability to work as part of a team
· Serve as an ambassador for StudentSurvey.ie locally at UCC
Desirable Skills Required:
· Knowledge of content management system an advantage but not essential
· Experience with basic photo editing and video editing, is not necessary but it is a plus!
Objectives of the role · Share stories of UCC community’s successes on foot of student feedback, build meaningful connections and encourage engagement.
How the role will develop the
· Creators, evaluators, and communicators of knowledge
· Independent and creative thinkers
· Digitally fluent
· Socially responsible
· Effective, global citizens who recognise and challenge inequality
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to;
· expand their understanding of the uses of student feedback and the direct impact it has on the student experience. Working alongside the rest of the project team, the social media associate will play a key role in bringing the student voice to project activities and communications.
· Great opportunity for CV building experience in marketing and communications, relationship management and other aspects of community relations.
· Unique chance to learn about what happens behind the scenes of a year-round marketing campaign.
Is training provided?: No
If you have any questions about this role please feel free to get in touch:
Name: Shane Horan
StudentVolunteer.ie enables students to have the opportunity to: enrich your personal development and employability skills, have a fun experience, meet new people, and give back to your community. Sign up now.Register Now