Voluntary Service International
Requirements:Be over 21. Have some volunteering experience . Good communication and organisation skills. Enthusiasm and positive attitude.
Dates of the Killarney NP projects for the season 2019:
1st project: 16.06. - 29.06.
2nd project: 07.07. - 20.07.
3rd project: 28.07. - 10.08.
4th project: 11.08. - 24.08.
Would you like to…
develop team management and project coordination skills?
experience an amazing adventure with a group of international volunteers (+18)?
contribute to building understanding among people from different cultures and nationalities?
If so, go on, apply!
Become a coordinator of one of the projects organised by VSI in 2019! Read more information here and fill in the Project Coordinator Application Form here!
Application deadline closes at noon (12pm) on the 5th of April 2019 and the shortlisting process will take place.
What we offer:
- Two-days training covering: group dynamics, cooperation in an international environment, project management, etc.
The training is free of charge for participants and will take place during one weekend in late May or early June in Dublin. VSI will provide lunch and training materials.
- Access to educational materials and additional trainings in Ireland and abroad
- Coordination of a project with accommodation, food and travel expenses to and from the volunteering site covered (within Ireland).
- VSI support before, during and after the project.
- Evaluation of your experience and your learning.
- Project Coordinator Certificate (after your participation in the project).
Is training provided?: Yes
Please note that Garda Vetting is required for this position.
Tasks that the volunteer(s) will be expected to undertake:
The Coordinator's role involves volunteering with a group of Irish and international volunteers in Killarney National Park for 2 weeks during the summer. The Project Coordinator will help volunteers settle in, organise the group on a daily basis, support good group dynamics, promote intercultural exchange and help to organise free-time activities as well as educate volunteers on VSI’s values and topics such as environmental protection through non-formal education methods.
Skills required for this role:
- Over 21
- Have some volunteering experience
- Good communication and organisation skills
- Enthusiasm and positive attitude
- Experience of working with international groups or running workshops would be useful as well as knowledge and some experience in youth work or the voluntary and community sector.
Minimum time commitment per week:
10+ hour p/week
Additional screening required for this role:
Please fill in the Project Coordinator Application on https://www.vsi.ie/volunteer/killarney-national-park.html 😊
If you have any questions about this role please feel free to get in touch:
Name: Mateja Jakšić
Address: Voluntary Service International, 30 Mountjoy Square East, Dublin 1
StudentVolunteer.ie enables students to have the opportunity to: enrich your personal development and employability skills, have a fun experience, meet new people, and give back to your community. Sign up now.Register Now